- 5:30 p.m.
- 2nd Monday of every month
- Municipal Building
1929 Route 519
Canonsburg, PA 15317
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Jeff DePaolis, Chairman
- Margaret Householder, Board Member
- Rob Markwell, Board Member
- Joseph McKito, Board Member
- Karen Jacobs, Alternate Member
- Anthony Asciolla, Director of Community Development
The North Strabane Township Planning Commission is comprised of five members, appointed by the governing body, whose primary functions are to review matters pertaining to subdivision, land development, zoning revisions, amendments to the zoning and land development ordinances, and updates to the Comprehensive Plan. In addition, the planning commission is charged oversee growth and development within North Strabane Township and to insure the community’s infrastructure is prepared for all growth and development that may occur.
Although the Planning Commission’s role is advisory in nature, its status is critical in developing recommendations for implementing change in land use and promoting responsible land use practices. An important reason for community planning is to anticipate the needs of residents relative to environmental, economic, and human interests.
The planning process requires that all these interests be considered and balance in a responsible manner. By careful planning, the Township can determine how best to promote proper use of land, provide for the efficient movement of goods, preserve natural resources, and achieve the most appropriate and economical use of natural and human resources.
Please note that an application will not be considered complete unless it includes the following:
- 2 initial copies of required subdivision//site plan showing all existing and proposed improvements
- Application fee
- All other information as required in the Subdivision-Land Development Ordinance and Zoning Ordinance
- All Engineer Drawings submitted must be folded